Thursday, July 2, 2015

Solar Powered


Colorado averages over 330 days of sunshine per year.  Which is a good thing, because I've recently come to realize that I am solar powered.  It's true.  When the sun is out, I'm optimistic and energetic.  When it's overcast, I'm pessimistic and lethargic.  And that's just the beginning.

When the sun comes up with that first stream of sunlight at 5:40am, accompanied by a chorus of annoyingly chipper birds, that's when I wake up.  I can't help it.  And yes, this is with blackout blinds.  It doesn't even matter if it's dark in my room, my body knows.  And I'm up.

And then at about 8:40pm, when the sun goes down, that's exactly when my batteries run out and I shut down and I fall asleep on the couch.  Which is preceded by about an hour of solid yawning with me proclaiming how exhausted I am.  It doesn't matter if I'm in a mall with no windows, although I hate the mall and other windowless places like the mall so this was a stretch of an example, my body knows.   And I'm asleep.

In between sunrise and sunset, I'm slathered in sunscreen.  And usually wearing a hat, sitting in the shade if at all possible.  Because while I love the sun,  it's unrequited.  Because I'm in my mid-forties and have pasty white skin.  Well...actually, it used to be pasty white, now it's more sunspotted.  "Out, damned spot(s); out I say!"  Shakespeare had them too apparently.

If it was a sunny morning, I would have a fantastic ending for this post, but since it's not, I don't even have the energy to finish it.  My battery is dead.  Does anyone have a charger?  







1 comment:

Joy Page Manuel said...

Now there's one difference we definitely have. I love gloomy days and feel more energized when everything and everyone else around me feels sluggish and lazy. Odd right? Maybe it's cos I can't stand brightness. When it's too bright out, I get a headache...too photosensitive I guess. Vampire genes?....let me look into that. Enjoy the summer, Marie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...